July 2, 2013

My Laladand

What's sweeter than the feeling you get when hear the first notes of your favorite song? What's best than singing along with the artists that take you to the dreamland you own?
To me, nothing. Music is the best thing humans have ever done. It helps understand life and people, it heals every wound, it can make the saddest person smile...
I love singing, I love playing the guitar, I love figuring out how a song was made.
Oh and I learned English thanks to music too. School only taught me what I already knew, and I've always been raked 1st to 3rd in this subject.


I followed so many artists since I was 7, starting with Britney Spears. Some of you will probably laugh at that, but I'm pretty proud of it. I still love her. I think she's a wonderful and so beautiful woman. I've been a fan for 5 years. I also saw her perform live in 2004 on her Onyx Hotel Tour. I went to many shows before but this one was fabulous!

The next one was Ricky Martin. Yes, you read well. It lasted 6 months. 6 happy months. I mean, his music is so joyful and you just want to dance to it. I never saw him live though.

In 2004, I had my R'n'B phase when I discovered great artists. The main one was Omarion (Have you ever heard of a band called B2K? Fresh music you really should listen to!). Singer, dancer, musician, writer, composer... and an actual hottie! I still listen to his music a lot, it helped me a lot at some points of my teenage years. I saw his live once in 2010 and had a special time with him. This boy is so sweet and grateful to his true fans.

I won't hide the fact that I also listened to some Rap music. But I quartered to one artist : T.I. I realized thanks to him that the French and American Rap cultures are so different. Somehow it made and still makes me sad...

In 2008 started a brand new era in my life. On a Sunday afternoon of July, while I was watching music videos on TV, one of them got all my attention : "SOS" by the Jonas Brothers. I first told myself “another boy band”. Then I saw their energy, their catchy chorus remained in my mind and I had to admit that I liked their music. The night after, I listened to all of their songs and the day after, I bought their 2nd album "Jonas Brothers". I still am a huge fan of those three wonderful boys who taught me so much about life. I don't know where I'd be without them actually... I saw them once in Antwerp on their World Tour 2009, and I saw Nick Jonas once more in 2010 for the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables in London. I just can't wait for them to come back in Europe!

One year ago, a friend of mine shared the link of a song called "Fireflies" with me. I immediately fell in love with Adam Young, aka Owl City. This boy's world is so dreamy, he is so talented no word can describe it. I swear someday I'll be part of this world and share 2 hours with this underrated boy.
I suggest you listen to Adam's side projects Port Blue and Sky Sailing.


Wow, don't let me start with music!
Well I'm finishing with a list of my favorite songs of all time

Private Emotion – Ricky Martin feat. Meja

Who are your favorite artists? 
What are your favorite songs?
I'm curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment